Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

"no sitting policy" for sales lady and cashiers"

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

curiousgurl

Arresto Menor

need for legal opinion pls...

is the "no sitting policy" of a company valid? sales lady and cashiers are not allowed to sit during work. is it not a violation of workers right? i cant find specific provision in the labor code but for humanitarian reason it is just? please help me enlighten. if you can suggest supreme court decisions for reference i would appreciate it so much. Thank you!

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

the remedy is to beg the management to change "no sitting policy". it is a basic tenet in the company to follow their mandatory rules if disobeyed, there would be sanctions. by setting out the policies which are necessary and inherent to the relationship of your job, the company is just protecting its interest and also its obligation to its employees.

jd888

shad_marasigan wrote:the remedy is to beg the management to change "no sitting policy". it is a basic tenet in the company to follow their mandatory rules if disobeyed, there would be sanctions. by setting out the policies which are necessary and inherent to the relationship of your job, the company is just protecting its interest and also its obligation to its employees.

Agree totally. Employees should be mindful of the Commercial Purpose of their being employed. You can sit on Chair at any given time as long as it does not conflict the purpose of the Business Establishment you are working on. Employees should subscribe to the Policies and Code of Discipline of an Enterprise. It is after all "The hands that feeds you" if you deemed that it is a hazardous working environment for you, then Pass a Resignation Letter, but if you have the "Full Guts" and you are sure that you count in numbers if you raise this concern on one of your Corporate Meetings, then go ahead "Make their day". Now, the question is, do you think if you "Voice Out" do you have Colleagues to back you up? It will go back to a simple case of "You don't like your Job? then you are REPLACEABLE!"

http://www.chanrobles.com/

attyLLL

i do not believe this has been decided upon precisely because it has not been legally challenged. if there have been studies that standing for long periods is bad for health, then a case can be argued.

on other hand, sitting for long periods have been proven to be near as bad as smoking...

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum