Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

threats and love

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1threats and love Empty threats and love Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:50 am

resguerra

Arresto Menor

hi,

i need a leagl advise.

am Roland Esguerra, 34 years old and currently working. I ma separated with my legal wife since December 2009. Last May 8, 2010, I had a girlfriend named XXXXXXX. She knew everything about me and she accepted my situation. When her family learned about this, her dad asked me to go to their place at XXXXXXXXXXX Pasig City, to talk to me. This was June 1, 2010.

I went there and with good faith as a human being gave my respects to her parents. During the course of their query about my intentions I was able to answer them with full honesty on my intentions with their daughter and plans about filing an annulment.

Her siblings exchanged insults and foul remarks towards me and attacked my personality and character. They, in short lambasted me with criticisms beyond my wildest dreams and accused me of so many things. Her dad also threatened me “bata, kaya kong butasin yang bumbunan mo”, “di mo baa lam na ilang araw na kitang pinapasundan at alam ko kung anong klaseng tao ka”, “kaya kitang patira”. Upon hearing this, I asked to be excused and went home.

June 4, 2010, JoyXXXXXXXXXX, sent me a message that she loves me and apologized for her family’s demeanor. Then June 5, 2010, she called me in my office and explained that she was able to talk to her parents and asked me to wait for a month, she was promised by her parents that they would give her the freedom she wants. After a month, I started calling her at their place but every time I called, her family denied or shuts me down. One call I made, her dad answered and again threatened me “tigilan mo yang katarantaduhan mo ha, wag mo akong tuksuhin baka mapaaga ka”. Another instance when I called her on the mobile phone she is using, her sister, JenXXXXXXX, who answered also threatened me “tumigil ka na baka umikli ang buhay mo”. Such words are very strong for me to bear and upto now I have no news from my girlfriend who is already 23 years old.

I am now thinking of filing a case against her dad and sister for grave threats and slander and if possible oral defamation. My only intention is to walk with peace of mind. I also would like to ask what I am supposed to do? I don’t want to end up dead on some alley because I know that her dad, RobXXXXXXX is an ex military service man who have contacts which he brags. I am a man who would defend myself if in case I am threatened or my life be in danger.

You’re response is highly appreciated.

Last edited by attyLLL on Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed names)

2threats and love Empty Re: threats and love Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:30 pm

attyLLL

i edited your post to remove the names.

i agree that your case has merit, but it will be very difficult to get a complaint to prosper. you were subjected to threats, and you can file a complaint, but you will be hard pressed to have any prosecutor sympathize.

unless uninvolved persons heard, i don't think a complaint for slander (another term for oral defamation) will prosper. the threats mentioned appear to me to be light only, and not grave.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3threats and love Empty Re: threats and love Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:36 am

resguerra

Arresto Menor

what can i do to be able to talk to my gf that would not include violence? if i go their place i might be subjecting myself to harm from her dad? she said she is pregnant and i want to talk to her. please help

4threats and love Empty rights for child out of wedlock Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:46 am

resguerra

Arresto Menor

Hi po,

my gf is pregnant. she told me this thru text but her family is not allowing me to talk to her and see her.

if she gives birth or even during pregnancy, do i have any right to see her or talk to her so i know her condition and take care of her?

5threats and love Empty Re: threats and love Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:43 pm

attyLLL

resguerra, the non-legal remedy i can think of is to get a respectable intermediary to talk to the family. obviously,they hate your guts and we can't blame them. you seem to be a destructive force to the future of the hija.

perhaps getting legal representation may help with talking with the father to allow some visitation.

6threats and love Empty Re: threats and love Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:44 am

resguerra

Arresto Menor

ganun po ba? am not destructive po sa gf ko at alam nya po na mahal ko sya. gusto ko lang naman po malaman nya na di ako nag give up. gusto ko lang ho ng isang maayos na usapan sa pagitan namin. ayaw ko din naman po ng magdemandahan kami, una, wala din naman po ako pera, pangalawa, pinagmamalaki ng tatay nya na kaya nya akong ipapatay. gusto ko lang ho ng isang maayos na usapan sa kanila. kung ang gf ko ho ang magsasabi na ayaw nya na, lalayo naman po ako.

7threats and love Empty Re: threats and love Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:39 am

attyLLL

what i meant was that they look at you as a destructive force.

there is also an issue of timing. perhaps at some point, lalambot din position nila.

if the girl really wants to, she will find a way somehow.

8threats and love Empty Re: threats and love Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:29 pm

wolverine2

wolverine2
lawyer

Tama si attyLLL. Ipagdasal mo na kapag lumabas na ang anak nyo (na apo nila) e baka lumambot kahit papaano ang mga puso nila. Ipagpatuloy mo lang na maging isang responsableng partner at tatay in time na isilang ang anak ninyo. Sa tingin ko, hindi magandang diskarte ang mag-file ka ng kaso laban sa kanila. Una, kapamilya pa rin sila ng nobya mo at hindi siya matutuwa dun. Isa pa, para ka lang nagbuhos ng gasolina sa apoy. Matindi na nga ang galit nila sayo kakasuhan mo pa sila? Siguradong lalo lang silang magngingitngit sa galit.

Maganda ang mungkahi ni attyLLL na humanap ka ng isang "intermediary" or parang isang neutral party na pwedeng kumausap ang pamilya ng nobya mo.

sifone

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum