Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rent Control Act 2009

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rent Control Act 2009 Empty Rent Control Act 2009 Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:39 am

devens231

Arresto Menor

Hi all,

First time here...anyways i need some legal advise from you guys...my aunt has been renting this apartment for about 39 years now...but unfortunately the agreement to make the property be "rent to own" between my aunt and the original lessor was not drafted into papers until the original lessor died about 5 years ago.

Now the heirs of the original lessor took charge of the management of the apartment. About two days ago they gave us a notice to vacate the property in two months time for the reason that they sold the property and the buyer wants to renovate the property and so we need to vacate.. but something's not clear here because in the notice they sent us they stated there that they will be using the unit we are currently renting.

Are we protected by the rent control act of 2009? What legal options we have here? Should we vacate in two months time? (According to the rent control act it should not be 2 but 3 months). Can you help me with this...also in section 10 there's a clause there pertaining to selling the rented property to third party....

Thanks a lot!!!!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum