Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Last Will and Testament

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Last Will and Testament Empty Last Will and Testament Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:13 pm

milloy36

Arresto Menor

I am a USA citizen. I married a Filipino 10 years ago in the US and ave moved to PH. 3 1/2 years ago. I have my ICR-1 card.
We made out a Will & Testament in the US. Does that hold an weight here if and when I die?
I have been told that the spouse that is left, will reiceve all of the deceased assets, regardlees of a will made out of country.
I want to now, inculde 2 Neices that I have come to be their uncle over here to be included.
Does everything go to the spouse?

Thank you

Last edited by milloy36 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Miss spelled words.)

2Last Will and Testament Empty Re: Last Will and Testament Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:14 pm

attyLLL

the rule is that it is the law of the residence of the decedent will be followed. so if you have properties here and you die, your will has to be probated in court and the law of your resident state be manifested and proven

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Last Will and Testament Empty Re: Last Will and Testament Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:39 am

adel.villafuerte

Arresto Mayor

A Will can be made elsewhere in the globe where the testator lives, and it can be probated in the last residence of the testator or in a province where the property subject of a will lies.

However, the governing law is that the country where the intestate and testamentary succession is under consideration regardless of the country where the property may be found.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum