Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lat will and testament

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lat will and testament Empty Lat will and testament Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:17 am

Radarops

Arresto Menor

Good morning,

My Filipina wife and I reside abroad, we do spend 3-5 months per year travelling back and forth to the Philippines.

We have 2 beautiful daughters, thanx be to God, my question here is
" As we have made our Wills here where we currently live, Do we need to make our wills there in the Philippines so that in the event of our deaths, our children are given our estate, consisting of lands and money there?"

If so what is the process and costs involved?

Many thanx and God bless you always

Radar

2Lat will and testament Empty Re: Lat will and testament Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:50 am

attyjoyce

Reclusion Perpetua

radar,

if the wills you made are valid in the place where you executed them, then there is no need for you to execute separate wills here in the Philippines. your wills can be probated and/or recognized here.

HOWEVER, what you said as "our wills" must not be a joint will. it is a joint will if there are two testators in a single instrument. if it is a joint will, it is void under Philippine laws even if it is not in the place where said instrument was executed.

also, for convenience, it is better to make a separate will for properties located here in the Philippines and to execute this will here as well.

For more free legal information about the matter, you may visit www.domingo-law.com

http://www.domingo-law.com

Redorchid

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty,

I was an OFW for many years and had acquired assets abroad in other locations. I am now based here and would like to prepare a will. Do I need a separate will prepared for assets in other locations or do I include everything in my will here? Which taxation law will hold? Is that of the Philippines where I am now a resident or would that be of the country where my assets are?
What is the best way to handle this? All I have abroad are investment linked insurances with named beneficiaries and also some mutual funds. Thank you for your help
R

4Lat will and testament Empty Re: Lat will and testament Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:53 pm

attyjoyce

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi Redorchid,

You don't need to have a separate will, you can put everything in one will.
Since you are resident citizen, the Philippine taxation will apply.
The best way is to consult a lawyer who will help you in drafting a will.

For more free legal information, you may visit www.domingo-law.com

http://www.domingo-law.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum