Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

3rd Party Insurance Claim

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

13rd Party Insurance Claim Empty 3rd Party Insurance Claim Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:38 pm

mharlon

Arresto Menor

Need your help.

I was involved in a vehicular accident with a Cargo Delivery Truck last October 2012. My car was sideswept, where the rear left and bumper of my car was damaged. We were both turning right from C5 to Ortigas Avenue but my car was at the outer/right lane. My car is clearly in front when the accident happened, thus the damage on the rear side of my car.

Luckily, the owner of the delivery truck (company) was cooperative enough to shoulder the repair of my car thru their insurance.

Now, it's been two month's already since the accident but I haven't progressed with the insurance claim. I am actively doing the follow up so my car will be repaired finally.

The insurance company of the insured (delivery truck) is asking the insured for an affidavit of admittance of fault, saying that the police report did not clearly state that it's the fault of the delivery truck.

Is this a valid requirement to proof the fault of the delivery truck? In the police report, it did not say explicitly whose fault was the accident but on the collision type it has "side swipe" and the brief narration as below:

"It appears that both vehicles were manuevering to turn right from C5 road to east of Ortigas Avenue with V1 situated at the right of V2. In the process the rear of V1 and the front right side of V2 came into contact. And it suggests that the characteristics of force applied on the damaged portion of V1 was towards the front while while on V2 towards the rear. As a result both vehicles are damaged."

Is the police report not enough to establish fault on the delivery truck driver?

23rd Party Insurance Claim Empty Re: 3rd Party Insurance Claim Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:23 pm

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

mharlon wrote:

The insurance company of the insured (delivery truck) is asking the insured for an affidavit of admittance of fault, saying that the police report did not clearly state that it's the fault of the delivery truck.

"It appears that both vehicles were manuevering to turn right from C5 road to east of Ortigas Avenue with V1 situated at the right of V2. In the process the rear of V1 and the front right side of V2 came into contact. And it suggests that the characteristics of force applied on the damaged portion of V1 was towards the front while while on V2 towards the rear. As a result both vehicles are damaged."

Is the police report not enough to establish fault on the delivery truck driver?

Not enough, the police report is not clear. Had the report particularly pointed out who is at fault. Then thats the time your insurance company or the truck's insurance company be held liable.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum