Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Failed training, but I have questions

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Failed training, but I have questions Empty Failed training, but I have questions Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:34 pm

meyuas

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I was training in a call center for more or less 2 months under probation. The training has three phases, Pre-process(speech training), Process (product training) and OJT.

I passed pre-process but failed process and was told at the end of my shift on my first day of OJT that they had to dismiss me because I was not able to pass the AGREED metrics to pass Process. Which includes:

3 passed monitored calls
90 percent attendance

I don't think I was dismissed for the right reason and here's why.

Let me talk about my attendance first, according to them I had 5 tardiness but I only signed a coaching log and was warned once.

As for my monitored calls which were calls before OJT, they said I failed all 3 monitored/recorded calls but I only got coached and signed coaching logs for 2 calls. I asked them what the third call was and my trainer was not able to provide me with it. On top of that I disputed the two calls because I believe it was graded incorrectly. To give you an example, on the 2nd call there was a part of the coaching log that says "did not apoligize/ lacks empathy" but if you listen to the call you'd definitely disagree. Even on the first call they said "did not actively listen/did not probe", but when you listen to the call you'll hear the caller saying "yes" when I asked and paraphrased what she had told me. I like to assume there's a foul play but that's hard to prove so I don't want to dwell on it because the call was graded unbelievably low even my mates can't believe it. Unfortunately they didn't change my score after all the disputes I made, let alone the failed 3rd call which doesn't even exist.

I filed my clearance and the document telling me why they had to dismiss me.

I had no plans in filing a case against them until my friend told me she had filed a case in DOLE against a company who had her suspended for being rude on the call but was proven wrong and she won 240,000.

My question is, does my case have any bearing? I have details I didn't include because it's only relevant in proving that there's a foul play.

Thank you in advance! Smile

attyLLL

were you under a probationary period of 6 months?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

meyuas

Arresto Menor

Yes I was.

4Failed training, but I have questions Empty Re: Failed training, but I have questions Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:48 pm

attyLLL

you have security of tenure for the entire period of the probationary period. you can be terminated, but only for an authorized or just cause, and after due process.

attacking termination based on failure of probation is very difficult, good luck. if you file a case, it's possible that all you'll get is backpay for the remainder of the 6 month period.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

meyuas

Arresto Menor

That's what I thought sir, proving their lack of proper judgement is difficult esp in my case, since it's the company's prerogative to fail or pass someone in training.

But I find it unjust for them to let go of someone without fully complying with their own rules. And I'm confident that the arbiter or anyone who'll listen to the call will see it my way.

Thank you for letting me know that even at that stage of probation, I can file a case. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum