Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Public Humiliation?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Public Humiliation? Empty Public Humiliation? Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:10 pm

jasper.valentin@yahoo.com

Arresto Menor

Just this morning, a big bulletin board entitled "LIST OF DELINQUENT HOMEOWNERS" was put up by our homeowners' association along the subdivision's main street for everyone to see. It contained the names of 25 members (also in big, clear print) with their corresponding unpaid monthly fees. Of course, those who saw their names on the board walked away in complete disgust. I know that they owe the association big time, but is that "public exposure" legal? Isn't it a form of humiliation? Does it violate their right to privacy as per Article 3 Sec. 3 of the Phil. Constitution?

2Public Humiliation? Empty Re: Public Humiliation? Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:34 pm

Pedro Parkero

Pedro Parkero
Reclusion Perpetua

jasper.valentin@yahoo.com wrote:Just this morning, a big bulletin board entitled "LIST OF DELINQUENT HOMEOWNERS" was put up by our homeowners' association along the subdivision's main street for everyone to see. It contained the names of 25 members (also in big, clear print) with their corresponding unpaid monthly fees. Of course, those who saw their names on the board walked away in complete disgust. I know that they owe the association big time, but is that "public exposure" legal? Isn't it a form of humiliation? Does it violate their right to privacy as per Article 3 Sec. 3 of the Phil. Constitution?

walang binatbat ang Art 3 Sec 3 ng Consti mo sa kasabihang "ang utang ay dapat bayaran" Twisted Evil

3Public Humiliation? Empty Re: Public Humiliation? Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:35 pm

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

In my opinion, the very rights of human being should be protected over the transactions of men be they outstanding or not. The fact that there was a clear breach on the rights of the person, the court will not ignore this.

They may be committing a slander of deed accordingly as it casts dishonor, discredit or contempt upon another person. This is punishable by law.

Criminal is much more serious than civil. It is very hard to escape criminal liability.

4Public Humiliation? Empty Re: Public Humiliation? Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:24 am

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

Hindi natin pede ilagay ang batas sa mga kamay natin at husgahan agad sila. Baka mali po ang ginagawa natin.

5Public Humiliation? Empty Re: Public Humiliation? Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:43 am

Spykejet

Spykejet
Arresto Menor

They could've just listed / posted the names of those members who complied in the payment of association dues with a banner heading... "Thanks for your support to the community", or something to that effect.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum