Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

I want to use my mother's maiden name as my surname

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

lemnev28

Arresto Menor

I'm already at the legal age, I want to use my mother's maiden name as my surname, how can i do that? will this take a long time to process?and also since i am in the legal age, do i still need the consent of my father? i wanted to use my mother's maiden name because i don't have a good relationship with my father, and also i didn't recieve any support from him since i was in my 6th grade

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

You can go to court and file for a change of surname. State your reasons and the judge will decide on the merits of the case.

lemnev28

Arresto Menor

how long do you think the process will be?

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

It depends on the court. It has to go thru a process. May hearing, may publication, at may order of the judge. Hihintayin ninyo po. Approximately mga 6 months or more.

minority

Arresto Menor

you cannot just use your mother's surname if you are a legitimate child you have to use your father's surname, if your are an acknowledged illegitimate child then you have to use you father's surname as well........

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

Even assuming you are legitimate child, if the change is based on good and valid grounds, if you have been abused or your father abandoned you, or your father renounced you as his, you will have to make a case for the change.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum