Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Under probation allowed to leave the country

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

lengrad

Arresto Menor

Hi everyone. I just need your legal opinion on this. There is this person who was convicted of reckless imprudence resulting in homicide and was sentenced for probation. He was told to pay and do some community service. We found out that the Probation Officer allowed him to go abroad and work so that he could pay the legal obligation (damages?) to the aggrieved family. And now since the probation period has ended, they are already filing for the termination of the probation. This case happened in San Fernando City, La Union. These are my questions:

1. Does a person under probation allowed by law to leave the country for work?
2. Does the Probation Officer has the legal right to allow the person under probation to give clearance for working abroad purposes?
3. The reason of working abroad is so that he could pay the financial legal obligation to the aggrieved party, but the payment is not completed yet.
4. The person under probation is supposed to report to the Probation Officer in a regular basis (that's what I know), but since he's abroad, does it mean he violated the terms and conditions of the probation?
5. Is writing a letter sufficient to satisfy the terms and conditions of the probation in relation to reporting to the Probation Officer?
6. Since he is abroad during the probation, is it so that he violated the condition on community service?
7. Can the probation be terminated without fully complying the terms and conditions of the probation? Can it be extended?

Thanks for your help!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum