Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Changing promotion cycles

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Changing promotion cycles Empty Changing promotion cycles Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:45 am

altec12

Arresto Menor

Our company has certain levels for specific tasks..

Technical Support and Senior Technical Support does a level 1 role

SME does the Level 2 Role

Team Leads are the Supervisors.

I'm working in a BPO company.

My entry level is a technical Support for a new account in our company this is around the year of 2010. After 3 months I was already given special tasks like that what a Level 2 does.

After a year, all Technical Supports get an automatic promotion, so I was promoted as a Senior technical support some time around 2011. But since I'm already doing level 2 roles, I should already be promoted as an SME. According to the company, they cannot allow a skip of a level or 2 promotions in 1 year.

So the company didn't left me a choice but to wait for a year to get the promotion. I still stayed on the current role I am doing with a lesser pay compared to the other SMEs.

The company has 2 cycles for a promotion, 1 is being done first part of the year and the other is on the second part of the year.

I am now eligible for the promotion since it has already past 1 year, and I'm a consistent top performer. The next cycle for this year should be on this current month.

Now, things have changed all of a sudden. The company said that due to a business strategy there will be no promotion for this cycle. The next promotion will be on May 2013.

I find it very unfair for all of us who is expecting a promotion for this month. HR can't do anything about this since this was rolled out by one of the big bosses of this company.

is there a case that this company is not following according to the labor code of the Philippines? Bosses may not be aware since this is being run by foreigners somewhere in the Middle East.

Do we have a case for them?

thanks.

2Changing promotion cycles Empty Re: Changing promotion cycles Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:04 am

attyLLL

as much as i would want to say otherwise, i'm afraid there is no legal right to a promotion; it's purely a management prerogative.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum