Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

family name issue

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1family name issue Empty family name issue Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:52 pm

dLegalWife

dLegalWife
Arresto Mayor

one of my friends say's na may legal process pa daw na dapat pagdaanan bago magamit ng isang babae ang family name ng lalaki kahit kasal na sila...it this true? if it's true, ano po ba ang mga legal process na yun?

2family name issue Empty Re: family name issue Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:39 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

dLegalWife wrote:one of my friends say's na may legal process pa daw na dapat pagdaanan bago magamit ng isang babae ang family name ng lalaki kahit kasal na sila...it this true? if it's true, ano po ba ang mga legal process na yun?

sa oras na nakasal na sila, the wife can carry the name of her husband, wala nang iba pang dapat pagdaanan.

3family name issue Empty Re: family name issue Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:54 pm

ponapem

Arresto Menor

the law allows the wife to use the husband's surname. she does not need to take any further actions.

Civil Code of Philippines:
Title XIII. - USE OF SURNAMES
Art. 370. A married woman may use:

(1) Her maiden first name and surname and add her husband's surname, or

(2) Her maiden first name and her husband's surname or

(3) Her husband's full name, but prefixing a word indicating that she is his wife, such as "Mrs."

4family name issue Empty Re: family name issue Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:45 pm

dLegalWife

dLegalWife
Arresto Mayor

thanks a lot! you've been very helpful..god bless you all

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum