Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Temporary Layoff Extension?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Temporary Layoff Extension? Empty Temporary Layoff Extension? Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:01 pm

bogz99

Arresto Menor

Good Day Attorneys,

I, together with more than 30 more employees were made to sign an agreement by our company to be put on 'floating status'/Temporary Lay Off but it was specified on the agreement and on their notice to DOLE that it was ONLY for 3 months (dates specified). Before the end of the said 3-month 'floating period', we were informed by the company that it intends to extend the 'floating period' to the maximum of 6 months (expect another 3-month agreement) as allowed by the Labor Code (Article 283). Thing is, company served the notice to DOLE for the extension/another 3-month agreement ONLY 10 days before the intended date of implementation (end of the first 3-month agreement). Also, the notice to employees affected was also stamped by the Postal Service on the same day (also ONLY 10 days before date of implementation).

The company is insisting that since it is just an extension, the 1 month notice to DOLE and employees as required by Law (Article 283 Labor Code) need not be complied with. It said even a week's notice is enough. My question is: Is this claim that the provision regarding written notice to DOLE and employees need not be followed for 'extensions' valid? Is there a legal basis or jurisprudence for this claim? We contest that since the extension they filed is a new application to DOLE, it should still follow what is said in Article 283 of the Labor Code.

I would appreciate any enlightenment on this matter and I do apologize for a long explanation of the facts.

TIA!

2Temporary Layoff Extension? Empty Re: Temporary Layoff Extension? Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:48 pm

bogz99

Arresto Menor

attorneys, any advice on this matter? thanks in advance!

3Temporary Layoff Extension? Empty Re: Temporary Layoff Extension? Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:52 pm

attyLLL

sorry, but imo, these irregularities in the giving of notice to you and to dole are not sufficient to invalidate the legality of the suspension.

you can try another tact if the company is still doing continuous hiring, then you can file a complaint in nlrc because you should have been given first priority in reassignments.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum