Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can a minor sell her property?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Can a minor sell her property? Empty Can a minor sell her property? Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:15 pm

pauloian918

Arresto Menor

Dear Atty,

My niece inherited a piece of land from her late Grandfather. This land is duly registered under her name. Now her mother wants to sell that piece of land. Accordingly, the mother intends to sell it in order to financially aid the studies of my niece as she is graduating from high school and intends to pursue her studies in Manila.

Actually, the mother has already approached me and was offering that piece of land to me. I am ineterested to purchase the subject land but a friend of mine told me that since my niece is a minor, she is therefore incapable of selling her property.

Questions:

1. Is is true that my niece is incompetent and not authorized under the law to sell her property?

2. What if she will be represented by her parents, will the sale be considered legal?

Thanks Atty and Godspeed!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum