Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is there a ground for a case?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is there a ground for a case? Empty Is there a ground for a case? Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:42 am

vanmhei

Arresto Menor

Good day, I hope anyone could help me about this matter:

My parents are borrowing money from my uncle these past years with a condition that everything will be paid once our "lot for sale" is sold."

Then last year I became in need and borrowed money from him, 50k for placement fee because I was suppose to work abroad. He lent me money, and practically I assumed it was added to my parent's debt.

My supposed to be work abroad was messed up, I ended up requesting for a refund. MY uncle then told me through a facebook message that I dont need to pay back the money already, instead I just have to give to my Mother the money that Ill get back from the agency, but I should give it 5k monthly. Which I did, After a year I already gave my mom 20k from the agency, and Im still waiting for the rest.

Recently, I and my uncle had some misunderstandings/family issues and is now threatening me that he'll file a staffa case against me-just out of rage, I believe there's no ground since there are no papers with my name or signatory that can say theres a broken deal, also I did not, and am not running from the debt, lastly we had the conversation on facebook saying I dont have to pay it back anymore but I have to give it to my mom.

I just want to know If my uncle has grounds to file a case against me. Or if I could use our facebook conversation as a proof that I dont owe him anything anymore. Im just worried because Im just a 23-year old independent guy working for myself, while my uncle is a rich 65-year old U.S Citizen/Professor.

I wish anyone could enlighten me, Thank you.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum