Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

marrying again your same spouse for immigration requirements

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

michael_v

Arresto Menor

Hi there! I got married to Ms.A in HongKong in 1990. I married Ms. B here in the Philippines in year 2000 - 8 years before the approval of the divorce from my previous marriage. I didn't submit/forward any information about my first marriage to NSO so what I have on my current CENOMAR is the marriage between me and Ms. B. Now, we need to apply for immigration to CANADA and I want to fix everything up for fear that the Canadian immigration might know that my current marriage was done before the divorce in HongKong. I went to Canada several times from Hong Kong. Now, my question is : CAN I MARRY AGAIN MY SAME SPOUSE SO WE WILL HAVE ANOTHER MARRIAGE DONE AFTER THE DIVORCE FROM HONG KONG? WILL I HAVE TWO RECORDS OF MARRIAGE WITH THE SAME PERSON BUT DIFFERENT DATES AT THE NSO? WHICH ONE IS VALID? or CAN I NULLIFY OUR FIRST MARRIAGE THEN RE-MARRY AGAIN? Thanks for your help.

attyLLL

i recommend you inquire with a lawyer who is expert in canadian immigration law. but i would assume that the second marriage will be considered void for being bigamous.

i assume you are still a filipino citizen,so under ph law, your first marriage is considered valid.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum