Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Custody of step child requirements for Australian Immigration

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

singlemalt72

Arresto Menor

I am currently sorting out a partner visa for my wife and her daughter to come to Australia and thought that I would not have problems with proving custody of her daughter as the chil is illigitimate and under article 176 custody is solely undr authority of the mother.

However further research on this forum and others shows that this is insufficient for the Australian Immigration department and they seem to always request further evidence, apparently in the form of an affadafit from the biological father.

The biological father has has minimal contact with the child (about 4 visits in 6 years, abandoned the mother on hearing of the pregnancy and has paid nothing in child support. I made contact through his family to gain an affadafit but he avoided replying to any of my contact and seemingly is unwilling to sign the affadafit.

What other options are available to me now? Is there any other way of proving sole custody without having to go through a court? Does anyone have experience of gaining a visa for an illegitimate child to Australia that can advise me?

Thanks

Daniel

attyLLL

the only other answer i saw here was they bugged the australian immig office until they gave way. your better bet may be to ask australian authorities what they will accept because everything is clear as per philippine law.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum