Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

RA9653 - Rent Control Act of 2009, Please Help.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ramonchristophermorales

Arresto Menor

Good day and God Bless.

I am Ramon of legal of age, I know that this is somewhat a small matter to you guys but need advice about my current situation here.

I am currently renting a small room, inside it are: small bathroom, very small kitchen located at a residential area near a none cemented irrigation road in Tarlac City for two years now. The rooms has its own electric meter and no water meter. The Land and room owners and I agreed (verbal agreement, no written contracts) that I will pay the room for 2,000 pesos a month with the water bill in it and a separate bill for the electricity. But as for now I'm paying 2,200 pesos a month.

I was wondering if it is legal to charge us by our land and room owner the charges they paid on separating the line of electricity and the electric meter from their personal house into the rooms. The current charge for our electricity here in Tarlac City altogether with the other things listed in a billing statement is 10.25 pesos currently

e.g. total amount = 2080
divided by kilowat used = 230
----------
pesos per kilowatt = 10.25

But the charging they insist that we must 17 pesos per kilowatt due to the charge for separating the electricity and the water bill which they said before that it is part of the bill for the rent. I am paying this kind of rate for two months now, and I am paying 15 pesos per killowatt for more that 19 months now.

They also want to increase my room rent from 2,200 pesos to 2,500 pesos. According to what I have read in the RA9653, the rent should only increase by 7% a year.

Additional info: I am behind the schedule in paying the rent and electric bill for a month, not sure if I'm going to pay the electric bill though.

Thank you very much for processing my plea and hoping for a reply soon.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum