Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Libel case

+18
PykeOPATHIC
AWV
fregulano65
adrenalinerush
katie116
ayasmsu
concepab
NOVEMBER3
mdventura
akosileizel
r_lucy
ramlyngrace
malice
reybarroga
attyLLL
resjudicata
doods
Babarian
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Libel case Empty Libel case Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:39 pm

Babarian

Arresto Menor

Hi I just want to ask if I can file a libel case against a woman, who posted a comment on a friendster, she put my full name and says unethical words against me. Some of my co worker saw that message and when i check the comment, she mention there that im a slut etc.. I just want to know if I can sue her for libel since he accused me of a thing which I am not.

Thank you

2Libel case Empty Re: Libel case Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:18 pm

Babarian

Arresto Menor

I wish someone will response or at least give me an idea

3Libel case Empty Re: Libel case Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:29 am

doods

Arresto Menor

Yes you can file a libel case against the person. Print and save his post as evidence and file a case against her

4Libel case Empty Re: Libel case Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:30 am

doods

Arresto Menor

Yes you can file a libel case against the person. Print and save his post as evidence and file a case against her

5Libel case Empty Re: Libel case Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:36 am

Babarian

Arresto Menor

Thanks, yes I have printed the screenshot I took when I saw that comment. Im also with a lawyer now who will handle the case.

6Libel case Empty Re: Libel case Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:36 pm

resjudicata

Arresto Mayor

Hi,Babarian, it's good you hired a lawyer to guide you when you file the complaint. You can also ask your co-employees, at least two, to make an affidavit telling that they also saw and read the alleged libelous posting. The whole thing is now covered by the Philippine's e-Commerce Law and laws on libel in the Revised Penal Code. It's advisable also to look for the meaning of "slut" and the other description on your person, which you believe are all libelous and how that posting affect you emotionally or physically. The complaint can be filed before the city or provincial prosecutor who will issue the subpoena to the respondent.

7Libel case Empty Re: Libel case Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:46 pm

Babarian

Arresto Menor

Thanks..
anyway can a private message use as libel?
how about if someone is accusing me that I sent her private messages with profanity which I never did and its not ny Fb account. She sent me letter without the sign of the said lawyer is that valid?

Here's the content of the letter:

I write in behalf of my client hanXXX MXXXXX regarding your malicious and defamatory imputations against her.

etc...

In view thereof, final demand is hereby made on you to cease and desist from harassing my client and from making libelous statements about her, upon receipt of this letter. Should you fail to do the same, I shall file necessary criminal and/ or civil cases against you, without further notice, and with a claim for damages in each case, in order to protect the interest or our client.

==================================================================================

Ayan po un content ng letter na pinadala sa kin, at un libelous na sinasabi nila is un private message na sinend ko daw wherein diko naman FB account un.

Please advise..

8Libel case Empty Re: Libel case Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:24 pm

attyLLL

a private message cannot be a basis for libel because the element of publication is not present. it can be a basis for unjust vexation, or threats depending on what was said.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

9Libel case Empty Re: Libel case Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:20 am

Babarian

Arresto Menor

Ano po ibig sabihin ng letter na yan, a demand was already filed against me?

thanks

10Libel case Empty Re: Libel case Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:49 pm

attyLLL

if it's an email, then the actual written signature is not necessary. it's a demand for you to stop whatever it is your are supposed to be doing.

11Libel case Empty Re: Libel case Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:30 am

reybarroga

Arresto Menor

I would to file a libel suit case in the Philippines againts 5 professional individuals tarnishing my name in a written document and circulated to many citizens including government organization that i am not involved. How much the cost should i spend to file the libel suit case and the amount of moral damages that i should expect if i won the case?

Last edited by reybarroga on Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : country of filing the libel case)

12Libel case Empty Re: Libel case Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:08 am

attyLLL

cost depends on which lawyer your retain, where the case is filed. Filing fee is P1,000.00. Damages depends on many factors, such as your standing in the community and the evidence of the damage to your reputation provided

13Libel case Empty Re: Libel case Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:43 pm

malice

Arresto Menor

Good day, how long does a libel case usually takes?

14Libel case Empty Re: Libel case Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:50 pm

malice

Arresto Menor

I have a friend who is not a perfect person but still a good person but have lots of enemies, who is in the hospital right now due to nervous breakdown caused by marital problems. His enemies are now rejoicing in fb and saying that the reason why he is in the hospital because he is found out to be a faker in their organization (he is not a true member - allegedly). While in fact, after talking to his mom, he was brought to the hospital by his org mates because he suffered a nervouse breakdown. Their posts in fb is unfair. I have the screenshot.
Can his enemies be sued for libel?

15Libel case Empty Re: Libel case Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:54 pm

malice

Arresto Menor

also, the person who posted the libelous remarks is in the USA. A filipino green vard holder. that person is gathering people here to go against my friend as well. They are spreading nasty rumors, damaging the career and name of my friend.

16Libel case Empty Re: Libel case Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:33 am

attyLLL

mounting an e-libel case isn't a simple as having a screen shot. save digital copies. i even go so far as taking a screen video. you should also be prepared if they use the defense of 'it wasn't me' or 'it's not my account'

if your friend is identified in these posts and the remarks are defamatory, it is my position that libel can be filed.

17Libel case Empty Re: Libel case Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:14 pm

ramlyngrace

Arresto Menor

Good day, I also have the same case.

I want to file a libel case against someone who's using my name and identity on formspring. Formspring already suspended the first fake account, but he/she again make a fake account. But the fact that I dont know WHO is he/she... can this be valid?? I only have screenshots. My college friends also saw this very rude thing. I'm afraid that this might screw my name over the school and my future job..

Thank you.

18Libel case Empty Re: Libel case Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:28 pm

attyLLL

who will you list as the respondent?

19Libel case Empty Re: Libel case Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:27 pm

r_lucy

Arresto Menor

Babarian wrote:Hi I just want to ask if I can file a libel case against a woman, who posted a comment on a friendster, she put my full name and says unethical words against me. Some of my co worker saw that message and when i check the comment, she mention there that im a slut etc.. I just want to know if I can sue her for libel since he accused me of a thing which I am not.

Thank you

May I know the status of your case, because my relative has the same case but the fiscal said, this case may be dismissed.

20Libel case Empty Re: Libel case Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:26 am

akosileizel

Arresto Menor

hi gusto ko lang po magtanong,ksi po ung tatay ko may other woman,inaway po nmin ung other woman nya dahil sa laki ng gastos nya dto,hndi namin napigilan na mag post sa fb ng picture ng girl dahil sa galit nabasa ng mga kapatid niya ung na post namin at sasampahan kme ng ksong paninirang puri ano po ba ang ibg sabhin ng paninirang puri?salamat po

Last edited by akosileizel on Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total

21Libel case Empty Re: Libel case Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 am

akosileizel

Arresto Menor

pde po ba nmin labanan na hndi po paninirang puri ang mga sinabi nmin na other woman po sya ng tatay nmin??dahil un po ay katotohanan lamang ang sinabi nmin?marami po ang makakapagsabi na totoo ang sinabi nmin at malapit n nmin maconvince ang papa nmin na sabhin ang totoo kung tlgang masampahan kme ng kaso ng babae nya,sakaling pumayag sya may laban po ba kme at pde po ba syang tumestigo bilang sya mismo ang karelasyon ng babae,ano rin po ba ang kasong pde nmin isampa skanya dahil sa ginagastusan sya ng tatay nmin??salamat po

22Libel case Empty Re: Libel case Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:35 am

akosileizel

Arresto Menor

please po nakiki usap ako na sana may sumagot sa mga tanong ko..salamat po

23Libel case Empty Re: Libel case Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:24 pm

akosileizel

Arresto Menor

can someone please helpme ?my father have other woman and hes giving financial support to this woman while taking us for granted,we are 6 sibling we are all mad when we found out that my father is having an affair,that is why we made some post on our facebook that can offend her using some drastic words,her relatives saw the whole thing on facebook,that is why they want to file a case against us,that we are spreading a malicious rumor about her,but we are not we are just telling the truth but still i would like to know if we can fight for this,or chance for us to win this fight,thank u for anyone that can help me..ur help will be so much appreciated ..

24Libel case Empty Re: Libel case Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:05 am

attyLLL

any derogatory comment, even if true, can be considered libel.

25Libel case Empty Re: Libel case Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:16 am

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

My friends said better to take them to Face to Face TV program so they can help you sort this things out! Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum