Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help Promoted no Salary Increase

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Help Promoted no Salary Increase Empty Help Promoted no Salary Increase Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:27 pm

Ronster

Arresto Menor

Hi, I'm looking for an advice regarding my current situation. Last year, I was hired as a Quality Analyst by one BPO company, a few months after, they promoted me to be a Team Leader. I talked to our HR team and they said that I will not get an increase as this will just be a title change. The team leader post is higher than the Quality Analyst post, furthermore, it has a different set of responsibility. What are my rights regarding the promotion given to me? Is it right that I demand for a salary increase?

2Help Promoted no Salary Increase Empty Re: Help Promoted no Salary Increase Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:51 pm

attyLLL

if you were informed that there would be no increase before you accepted the position then you can complain and request to go back to your lower position. but there is no inherent right to an increase

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Help Promoted no Salary Increase Empty Re: Help Promoted no Salary Increase Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:59 pm

Ronster

Arresto Menor

Hi, thanks for your reply. When I got promoted, there were no expectations set to us. We were appointed to take over the team leader position. We did not go through the usual internal application. A friedn also told me that there are some companies who does not provide a salary increase for promotion but if the other team leader gets higher pay than us, we have the right to demand for an increase. Is that right?

4Help Promoted no Salary Increase Empty Re: Help Promoted no Salary Increase Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:09 pm

attyLLL

if you are performing the same work for less pay, then you can make that inquiry. if still denied, keep bumping it up the management chain, but remain courteous.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5Help Promoted no Salary Increase Empty Re: Help Promoted no Salary Increase Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:14 am

fcruz

Arresto Menor

i suggest never mention why others have higher salary, you could be in trouble why are you disccussing salary matters which should be confidential in nature.

What you need to do is talk to your management team and justify why you deserve a merit increase. Just in case that management decicion is not to give merit increase i would recommend you to accept that decision. A good leader should always accept lawful decisions even if its contrary to your positions.

Your management will see how professional you are and eventually think positive and they will realize your worth.

Think that a job title change is good to put on your resume for your future opportunities.

6Help Promoted no Salary Increase Empty Re: Help Promoted no Salary Increase Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:21 pm

mvb

Arresto Menor

Good Day,Im working in a private company here in metro manila,im under a fixed salary amounting of 13 thousand monthly.am i still eligible for an E- COLA?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum