Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Name of Father *unknown*

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Name of Father *unknown* Empty Name of Father *unknown* Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:32 pm

otaner201

Arresto Menor

Dear Sir/Ma'am,
I would like to seek for legal advice regarding my daughter. I was not her biological father, but she was legitimated when I married her mother. This gives her the benefit to use my surname. So, her birth certificate info under the field Father was *unknown*. During that time, his biological father move to United States, and we don't know his whereabouts.

Not until lately that my wife suddenly died, info regarding her death circulates in facebook and his biological father know the news. This time he communicates and found interest help my daughter. He promises that he could file a petition for her to live in the U.S. provided that her Birth Certificate in the Father's Name (currently *unknown*) should be change to his name.

In this regard, what should I do or the procedure that will be done for this change in Father's Name? My daughter's birth certificate was already been remark with: "Legitimated by subsequent marraiage of parents.... and was known to use the name .... (Using my surname). Please give me advice, my daughter will be turning 18 this coming Nov. 18, 2012 and processing her paper for petition is very crucial this time. Thanks in advance!

2Name of Father *unknown* Empty Re: Name of Father *unknown* Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:15 pm

attyLLL

under ph law, that would in effect impugn the legitimacy of your daughter, and imo, it is too late because the law only gives you 1 year from the time the birth certificate is registered to file that action. you would also might be made liable for simulation of birth.

on the other hand, US law might have a different perspective that I'm not aware of. I believe they require dna tests, but i am not sure how it would apply in this case.

one possible solution is for you to allow him to adopt your daughter

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum