Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Expectant mom who needs assistance regarding issues that I have with my kid's biological father.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

redh3admak1

Arresto Menor

I would just like to know what my options are and my situation is like this. I am expecting a kid in 3 months time now. The biological father of my child and I are not married and I have separated from him months ago. He is currently unaware of my pregancy and I have no intentions of letting him know so as to have any further affiliations with him. I want the same for my child. Currently I am unemployed and living with my parents. My questions are as follows:

1. I have been reading online and I am fully aware that I have the option of placing the child under my surname on his/her birth certificate. I also understand that I just have to leave the child's middle name blank for this. What should I place under the "Father's name"? Should I just leave it blank also or place "Unknown" or "N/A" as many of the cases I've read online?

2. In line with my 1st question, is leaving the "Father's name" blank going to have any repercussions with the child's records?

3. As I've mentioned, I no longer want any affiliation with my kid's biological father and he is currently unaware of my pregnancy. My concern is what if he later finds out and wants to claim the child? I would assume that he would want the kid to carry his name which I do not want. I am currently unemployed and I fear that he might use this against me, and make it appear that I am incapable of caring for the child. Does he have any legal rights to the kid? And if so, do I have any rights to decline said rights?

Thank you.

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

redh3admak1 wrote:I would just like to know what my options are and my situation is like this. I am expecting a kid in 3 months time now. The biological father of my child and I are not married and I have separated from him months ago. He is currently unaware of my pregancy and I have no intentions of letting him know so as to have any further affiliations with him. I want the same for my child. Currently I am unemployed and living with my parents. My questions are as follows:

1. I have been reading online and I am fully aware that I have the option of placing the child under my surname on his/her birth certificate. I also understand that I just have to leave the child's middle name blank for this. What should I place under the "Father's name"? Should I just leave it blank also or place "Unknown" or "N/A" as many of the cases I've read online?

2. In line with my 1st question, is leaving the "Father's name" blank going to have any repercussions with the child's records?

3. As I've mentioned, I no longer want any affiliation with my kid's biological father and he is currently unaware of my pregnancy. My concern is what if he later finds out and wants to claim the child? I would assume that he would want the kid to carry his name which I do not want. I am currently unemployed and I fear that he might use this against me, and make it appear that I am incapable of caring for the child. Does he have any legal rights to the kid? And if so, do I have any rights to decline said rights?

Thank you.

Just simple deny that he is the father. If he will insist his paternity he have to prove it. Gagastos siya ng malaki Very Happy
But in case he managed to provide proof. The father have legal rights, but the full parental custody of the child is with you. although he can challenge your capability to take care of the child (you cannot stop him from doing that), but he have to present a compelling reason to remove the custody from you.

attyLLL

1. unknown or n/a
2)none
3) you have sole parental authority even if he becomes recognized as the father. you have no legal obligation to recognize him as the father unless it is ordered by the court. and by then, all he'll have is the obligation to provide support and visitation rights

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4Expectant mom who needs assistance regarding issues that I have with my kid's biological father. Empty Thank you. Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:34 pm

redh3admak1

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the replies. I can sleep soundly without having to worry now. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum