Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Visitation Rights

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Visitation Rights Empty Visitation Rights Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:11 pm

confusedualcitizen

Arresto Menor

Dear Atty.,

I would like po to inquire about my situation. I left the Philippines po 2005 because of a life threatening of my husband(physically abused, so to speak. However, I tried all the process of filing of Physical abuse, but when you look like a kano po, policemen think you are money instead of a human needing help. Anyways, po to make my story short when my husband asked me over the phone to file for uncontested divorce here in US di po ako pumayag, dahil natatakot ako na mawala sa akin ang connection ko sa kids, but nung di ako pumayag sa kagustuhan po nya, eh he cut-off all communications ko po with the kids, pati po tirahan lumipat sila with the ka-live-in, even po yung mga padala ko na balikbayan box for the kids eh binalik po.
I have been in USA since 2005, and I have not seen my children...I know visitation rights only pertains to a case when meron po na file sa court--but how can I pursue my rights a mother for my kids? Do I have to wait for the kids specific age to decide on their own if they want to be or see me before I can do such? What case is possible to file to get my rights back as a mother?
My sister/ brother who visits every now and then in Philippines can see the kids, but when it comes to me ( during my recent visit) my husband refuse to let me see kids. As per my relatives, the kids are scared with their dad as to ask questions or talk about me their mother--so I know the feeling of living in fear and I respect my kids for their safety if they refuse to ask their dad about me. May I ask what is the legal age in Philippines?

I hope to hear from you po and advise what is needed for me to do, to file for my rights.

2Visitation Rights Empty Re: Visitation Rights Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:46 pm

attyLLL

next time, please stick to one thread so that there is context to your questions.

if he is refusing to allow you to see the children, the legal remedy is to file a petition for habeas corpus and for custody/visitation rights. it can be filed here through representatives.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum