Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Email and Digital Document Authenticity

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Email and Digital Document Authenticity Empty Email and Digital Document Authenticity Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:12 pm

dloadgenerator

Arresto Menor

I would just like to ask if the court/ law would consider emails as an authentic form of acknowledgment, acceptance etc. I know that as much as possible we should secure signatures of the concerned/ involved individuals, but I believe there are also a lot of companies out there with branches scattered in the different parts of the country. Sometimes, there are petty directives, or minor concerns that must be acknowledged but it seems impractical to have it signed personally. Does the law accept acknowledgments done through email? (e.g. after receiving the document, the personnel just replied "acknowledged).

On a related note, what about scanned signed documents? Is a signed scanned document considered as an authentic document?

I am asking about this because with the current technology now, people can easily deny things and blame technology. Here are some of the common responses that we can expect:

• Hindi ko nareceive

• Na-hack ako, hindi ako nagsend nyan

• Nawala yung original signed document, possible na "tampered" yang digital copy mo

I hope you can enlighten us on this Atty.

More power Pinoylawyer.org

atty_kristeto_makatao

Arresto Mayor

1. scanned originals/signed = not authentic, hard to accept as evidence in court unless the company/organization has provisions to scan and store documents in a non-erasable technology such as NSO papers
2. email = yes, acceptable under ecommerce law.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum