Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

how to file a case at poea against a seafarer not giving support to his illegitimate son?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

itche.tiongson

Arresto Menor

How can I file a case against the father of my son for non support? It’s going to be his first time to support his son after 6 years. He’s a seafarer and just boarded the ship last May 2012. My son is illegitimate and he’s father name is not on his birth certificate.

He promised me that starting this year he will send us his financial support. But when he boarded the ship he said that he needs to pay a flight bond of USD 700 for 3 months. Is there such a thing if you’re new to the shipping agency? He said he’s with UPL now MV Aida if I remember correctly. I was told I could file a case against him (RA9262 –for non support) at POEA or OWWA but I don’t know how to start. He also owe me some money that was for our son’s tuition fee but until he has not paid it.

Please give me the procedure and where to go please…

Thank you for your help.

attyLLL

if he didn't sign the birth certificate, imo, your best remedy is to file a civil case for acknowledgment and support

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

itche.tiongson

Arresto Menor

he did sign an affidavit of paternity but it's not yet notarized.

attyLLL

i don't recommend that it be notarized because he will not be present. you can be made liable for falsification of public document.

but you can still use that document as evidence of acknowledgment

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum