Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Member, Condominium Problems

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Member, Condominium Problems Empty New Member, Condominium Problems Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:32 am

Ran24

Arresto Menor

Hi! Ran, and an architecture student. I'm currently living in the 16th floor of a condominium near my school. This condominium started operating I think in the first day of June but in our floor, the CCTV does not work. From what I know, a commercial building cannot operate without complete security and/or cctv cameras.

I hope someone can clarify the issue with me or tell me what else we can do. Thanks in advance.

This one day, we left our umbrellas outside in the hallway because we were drying it. Then the next day, it's not there anymore. We reported it in the office then they told us that the CCTV in our floor doesn't work and they won't be able to trace who took our umbrellas (we lost four umbrellas worth around 500 each). Then we asked why is the cctv not working when it should be working since the first day we moved in and what about the umbrellas we lost. They said they are not responsible for our loss because it's in the contract that we should not leave anything in the hallway.

At first, we want them to pay back what we've lost
(I still do or at least know who took it) but then I realized what if someone sneaked into our room and did something bad to us, they wouldn't care because there was no cctv and they won't be able to trace it.

They promised us that they will investigate and ask around our floor if they knew who took it but and inform us but they did/are not. It doesn't seem like they are doing anything about it.

A maintenance personnel also told me that someone from the 17th floor also lost his/her umbrella. I asked if they ever knew who took it, he said they did not.

I'm really doubting the security in our building but we have a one yea contract.

***We are only renting a unit.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum