Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Solemnizing Officer of Marriage - Advise for validity

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

annika_18

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty,

Need ko po sana ng advise regarding sa solemnizing officer ng marriage. I was 19 years old when I got married, and now separated na kmi. I already have new relationship, and gusto na dn magpaannul or file nullification. Eto po kasi situation, that time kasi hindi pa ko masyado aware but I found out na yung sa marriage contract namin ang name and sign ng nagkasal ay yung mayor namin, pero hindi siya talaga yung nagkasal samen. I dont know kung sino siya, pero siya yung nag sign sa gilid ng name nung mayor then may actual sign din talaga ng mayor pero wala siya that time. Pwede kaya maging ground yun? Thank you po.

attyLLL

the law states that both spouses should have believed that the solemnizing officer had no authority at the time of the wedding so i would have said that it should still be valid if at least one of the spouses still thought the person did have the authority during the ceremony.

however, a basketball player and an actress were able to get an annulment on that ground.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

annika_18

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your reply Atty. Do you mean that the basketball player and actress had similar situation with us? I really want to pursue the annulment or nullification of our marriage. What will be my first step Atty? Do I already need a lawyer for me to find out who really officiated our marriage? Thank you so much.

attyLLL

no, the facts were different, particularly that they had powerful political connections.

best to consult a lawyer

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum