Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rights of the Abandoned Wife

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rights of the Abandoned Wife Empty Rights of the Abandoned Wife Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:31 pm

Prudent Advise

Arresto Menor

Hi, my parents have been separated (without judicial approval) for about 15 years. My father who works at Saudi left my mother for good. He found his comfort in Saudi Arabia, converted himself to Islam and subsequently married a Filipina muslim whom I presume to also be an OFW. They eventually had 2 kids. During my fathers active years he discontinued his support to my mom which left us siblings fending for her daily needs.

Now my father is out of work and running low on resources, comes back to the Philippines and wanting to sell the house where my mother currently lives. My parents also own another house that they rented out where I eventually lived in when I had a family of my own. This unit has somewhat obscure title since there never was a clear transfer of ownership because it had an outstanding balance. Both of these houses were acquired through their marriage.

My question is,

1. What are the rights of my abandoned mother?

2. Can we petition the courts for my mom to have 'receivership' or administration of these conjugal properties since he left my mother without support whatsoever?

3. If my father insists his plan to still bother my mother despite leaving her, can we argue that my mother should also have a share on my father's retirement benefit since legally, she is still the wife?

Hoping for your swift response as I am about to meet my father in the coming days. Thank you so much!

2Rights of the Abandoned Wife Empty Re: Rights of the Abandoned Wife Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:09 pm

attyLLL

first, what does your mom want to do?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum