Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

car repair reimbursement

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1car repair reimbursement Empty car repair reimbursement Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:29 am

verybrave23

Arresto Menor

Hello, Good morning po sa lahat! I am contemplating on what action should I take against a bus company which as of the moment, fails to reimburse me of the expenses I incurred in the repair of my car bumped by one of their buses.
In the police investigation, it clearly appeared who was at fault in the car collision from which both of us were involved, and that's them. When we were at the police station, it is agreed upon by us, both parties, to settle the expenses for the repair of my car from their "supposed" insurance and so with that, the bus was released and continued its travel.
Later then, I found out that their units were not covered by any insurance policy, as they have none. The management of the bus company then urged me to let the repair done in their own repair shop, however I declined from their offer because I wanted to make sure that the repair would be at the best of my interest (who knows, they might just do the repair for the sake of claiming that they have already done their part in fulfilling their obligation). I had the second thought of handing them over my car because the location of their shop would not permit me to do the regular checking, as it is far from my home and workplace. Several talks and bargaining transpired and then we agreed to just lower the cost that they are going to pay me as against that of the repair estimate done in one of the repair shops near the police station. Because of that, and with much excitement, I immediately decided to just bear the cost of repair for the meantime and later reimburse all the expenses incurred.
Now that my car is all done, they are already ignoring my demand. Phone calls and text messages were completely ignored by them, and so as of now, I am already pissed chasing them extrajudicially. The incident transpired for over a month now and I have incurred much damages from their inaction. The inconvenience brought by them is no longer amusing, definitely not.
Can you please, Sir, help me with this? I would appreciate very much, whatever kind of help you may extend. Thank you!.

2car repair reimbursement Empty Re: car repair reimbursement Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:45 pm

attyjoyce

Reclusion Perpetua

Send the company a formal demand letter. You may have a lawyer help you with that. If the bus company ignores the demand, then file the appropriate case in court.

http://www.domingo-law.com

3car repair reimbursement Empty Re: car repair reimbursement Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:35 pm

verybrave23

Arresto Menor

Thank you Atty. I have talked to one of their representatives over the phone just a while ago and made the same demand. She actually told me that they are already processing the documents required for the release of their money to cover my expenses. Instead of having that sigh of relief from that response, I felt irritated because that is still the same answer they are giving me everytime I communicate with them. What's worst was that when I asked her, "Kailan naman kaya maire-release yan, next year?" and she sarcastically replied, "Hindi naman siguro, mga 8 years lang". I think that is already too much..

Now, I would want to ask how can I fixed the term or period of the payment? Would their statement, "We are already processing the documents" be a good defense for them to claim that they are not escaping from their liability? Thank you!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum