Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

getting a copy of marriage certificate without authorisation from the concern party

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

Attorney, what are the consequences for people who just applied for someone else marriage certificate without authorization from the concern party in your country?

In US law you cannot just get a copy of someone else marriage certificate unless the complaint has been process or there's an order from the authority.

In this case my friend's mother had a copy of my friend's marriage certificate from US Embassy and she wasn't given an authorization from both parties.

In the US law as it is different from the law in Philippines if she request without any full authorization she can be prosecuted of falsification and the US Embassy will be the one to be dealing with her mother.

As in order to request a marriage certificate you will have to have the copy or registration number and a letter from the concern parties and at least one of the party's signatures. It cannot be issued to anyone without a proper procedures.

I believe my friend's mother just broke the law of documents privacy as this mother seems to be very influential as she claimed. Is it true that this influential people can just bypass the law in your country? Shocked

Last edited by mdventura on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spacing and point by point)

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

Shocked sorry! double post.

Last edited by mdventura on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sorry! double post)

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

RETRIEVE A LETTER FROM THE BRIDE OR GROOM, AUTHORIZING YOU TO RETRIEVE THE MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE.
THE LETTER SHOULD INCLUDE THE DATE, CITY CLERK'S ADDRESS, A STATEMENT FROM THE BRIDE OR GROOM, THEIR PRINTED NAME AND SIGNATURE, AND YOUR PRINTED NAME.

GET THE LETTER NOTARIZED. YOU MUST BE PRESENT, AS WELL AS THE BRIDE AND GROOM.
YOU CANNOT ISSUE THE CITY CLERK'S OFFICE A COPY OR FAX OF THE NOTARIZED LETTER; IT MUST BE THE ORIGINAL COPY.

THE LETTER MUST BE RETURNED TO THE CITY CLERK'S OFFICE WITH THE MONEY ORDER OR DEBIT CARD PAYMENT.
PROPER IDENTIFICATION IS REQUIRED TO VERITY THY NOTARIZED LETTER AS WELL AS YOUR IDENTITY.

If this is the case would anyone applied for a copy of someone else marriage certificate be charge as obviously she submitted a falsify authorization letter from the bride in order to get a copy of the marriage certificate? Shocked

attyLLL

are you referring to her first marriage contract with the druggie? or her bigamous marriage in the US?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

Lol! Attorney the marriage with the US not with the druggie. The druggies is behind bars for life but they are still blackmailing her. The US husband is already in touch with the Embassy and they said she should not have had a copy unless she has an authenticated original authorisation and she wasnt given an authorization so since it was done in Philippines. The embassy can sue whoever applied for it as it will be considered falsification if and when that documents is used.

attyLLL

unfortunately, illegally acquired evidence is still admissible.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

Well this is depends on the scenario if there was a forced marriage involvement from the beginning, as her children was taken away from her and the father was threatening to kill her children, if she don't marry him. The children was only given back after the marriage. It's a matter of mother's love to her children and wanting to spare their lives. Her lawyer is on it and was told she has a strong case. Cheers! Very Happy

attyLLL wrote:unfortunately, illegally acquired evidence is still admissible.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum