Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pre-Employment Requirements

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pre-Employment Requirements Empty Pre-Employment Requirements Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:46 am

macpjazz

Arresto Menor

Hi Sir,

I've been working for a BPO company for almost 2 years now just a few weeks ago, I was asked to attend an administrative hearing regarding my pre-employment requirements. I was asked to explain why I did not submit my clearance from my previous employer and my transcript of records. Why they suddenly started to follow up on these papers a year and a half after i was employed is beyond me.

Long story short, yes, I was not able to complete all my requirements, however, prior to the admin hearing, there was no notice to explain. Pwede bang umakyat sa Admin Hearing without a memo? Also, is it possible to get terminated for non-submission of pre-employment requirements, granting, there was a background check conducted (which proved that my credentials are indeed genuine) and granting, Im a regular employee?

Lastly, the reason I am asking this is because I overheard the HR Manager and our manager talking. "Takutin" daw kami para mag perform kami lalo. How can we stop management from doing this?

2Pre-Employment Requirements Empty Re: Pre-Employment Requirements Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:02 pm

attyLLL

if you can produce the docs, better to comply, but i would argue that non-submission should not be a basis for termination.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Pre-Employment Requirements Empty Re: Pre-Employment Requirements Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:00 pm

BIR2316

Arresto Menor

macpjazz wrote:
Also, is it possible to get terminated for non-submission of pre-employment requirements, granting, there was a background check conducted (which proved that my credentials are indeed genuine) and granting, Im a regular employee?

Yes, it is possible, if it is stated in your contract. In my contract, it says that they have the right to terminate the employee if he/she fails to submit all pre-employment requirements.

4Pre-Employment Requirements Empty Re: Pre-Employment Requirements Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:51 am

wintersonata

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:if you can produce the docs, better to comply, but i would argue that non-submission should not be a basis for termination.

atty. by chance lang po diba pwede po nila i-hold ang salary ng employee for the month dahil po sa ganyang cases...

we have the same cases kasi in our company....15 employee po kasi ung hindi makakumpleto ng mga pre-requirements kaya ang daming napepending na reports kaya ni-hold po namin salary nila.

5Pre-Employment Requirements Empty Re: Pre-Employment Requirements Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:50 pm

attyLLL

i would argue that you should not be withholding salary, and if you are free to reject these employees after their probationary period has ended for failure to comply, but not after they are regular employees. i would then argue that you have already waived the requirement.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

6Pre-Employment Requirements Empty Re: Pre-Employment Requirements Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:21 am

budong

Arresto Menor

Im not an atty or something. But from my understanding, PRE Employment requirements should be passed before you even start working correct? There are companies that is kind enough to let you process those papers while still in under probation. Is the labor thingy true when you passed the 6 months and still working in the same company you will be deemed regular employee? you can correct me if nothing is right on my post.

thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum