Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Capital Gains Tax Query

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Capital Gains Tax Query Empty Capital Gains Tax Query Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:12 am

Radarops

Arresto Menor

Good morning,
My wife and I have purchased a residential block of land in Dumaguette City, Negros Oriental. As I am not of Filipino nationality, my wife is natural born Filipina.
The sale has gone through as my wife being the Filipina and I am the husband of other nationality.
We have paid the full amount asked by the buyer and we have receipts and deed of sale to show.
I am told by the buyer that I now need to go and pay Capital Gains Tax and other taxes to have the Title transferred into our names.
Is this true, should I be paying the capital gains tax, if so what would be the approximate % rates I would need to pay?
The purchase price was 750,000 PHP
Thank you and God bless you always
Radar

2Capital Gains Tax Query Empty Re: Capital Gains Tax Query Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:26 pm

attyjoyce

Reclusion Perpetua

Normally, it is the seller who should be paying the Capital Gains Tax because he is the one who gained income from the sale. However, there are instances when the buyer shoulders the payment of the tax in the name of the seller. Check your deed of sale again. This matter is usually mentioned in the deed.

http://www.domingo-law.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum