Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

backpay and tax refund

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1backpay and tax refund Empty backpay and tax refund Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:12 am

nelfadesireelapuz

Arresto Menor

Greetings!!!

nagtrabaho ako sa isang company as a probationary employee for 8 months.. nahire po ako nung september 22,2010, nagresign po ako at ang effectivity ng resignation ko ay nung june 24,2011. hindi po ako agad nakapagclearance dahil nag aral po ako ulit at ang layo ng main opis sa school ko.. ngaung may 2012 lag po ako nakapagclearance.. gusto ko lang pong itanong kung may makukuha po akong benefits such as 13 month pay at makukuha ko pa po ba ung tax refund kahit halos 1 year bago ako ngclerarance??

thank you

2backpay and tax refund Empty Re: backpay and tax refund Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:05 am

karl704

Reclusion Temporal

Go to your employer and try to get a clearance. You should still be entitled to your last salary, prorated 13th month, tax refunds if any, or sl/vl conversions.

3backpay and tax refund Empty Re: backpay and tax refund Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:19 pm

joem

Arresto Menor

Hello,

Scenario:
I resigned properly from my previous company and waiting for my last pay or back pay.

I have an existing personal loan from a specific bank and the deductions are made through my monthly salary with the company though it is not a company loan.

I got an email from the accounting manager saying that they will remit all my money to bank since I have an existing loan.

Question:

Can they remit all my money to the bank?

Are they violating the labor code if they do such thing?

I'll be the one who need to work with the bank and pay my monthly dues and not the company since it is a personal loan.

Thank you!!!!

4backpay and tax refund Empty Re: backpay and tax refund Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:27 pm

attyjoyce

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi Joem,

Did you sign a document in your personal loan that the monthly amortization shall be automatically deducted in your payroll account?

The accounting manager has no authority to remit all your money to the bank. He should not interfere with your personal loan from a specific bank.

http://www.domingo-law.com

5backpay and tax refund Empty Re: backpay and tax refund Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:01 pm

attyjoyce

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi nelfadesireelapuz,

Yes, you can still claim for your last pay, prorated 13 month pay and tax refund. Please take note that there is no prescriptive period in filing a clearance from your previous employer.

6backpay and tax refund Empty Re: backpay and tax refund Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:03 pm

wintersonata

Arresto Menor

attyjoyce wrote:Hi Joem,

Did you sign a document in your personal loan that the monthly amortization shall be automatically deducted in your payroll account?

The accounting manager has no authority to remit all your money to the bank. He should not interfere with your personal loan from a specific bank.

atty. is right... besides they wont be liable for anything in case na hind ika magbayad in short bakit sila makikialam sa loan mo.. eh loan mo nga yun.

7backpay and tax refund Empty Re: backpay and tax refund Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:01 pm

joem

Arresto Menor

wintersonata wrote:
attyjoyce wrote:Hi Joem,

atty. is right... besides they wont be liable for anything in case na hind ika magbayad in short bakit sila makikialam sa loan mo.. eh loan mo nga yun.

Hi Atty,

Yes, I signed and allowed the company to deduct the monthly amortization through my payroll.

If they happen to remit all my money what is my next step?

Thank you!

8backpay and tax refund Empty Re: backpay and tax refund Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:40 am

attyjoyce

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi Joem,

Your next step is to ask for your clearance from the company and they will give you an accounting report of your last pay.

The usual practice is that if an employee resigned from a company, his last pay, prorated 13th month pay and tax refund if any, should be given to him upon signing his clearance from the company.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum