Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

What to do? re: Bouncing Check

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What to do? re: Bouncing Check Empty What to do? re: Bouncing Check Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:45 pm

Bernard

Arresto Menor

hi!

what should i do? the guy issued 4 dated checks that bounced. ayaw sumipot every time i set an appointment with him. ayaw sumagot sa cellphone. he's offering x-deals with his useless things. i want his money.

almost P25,000 utang niya. is it worth it if i take legal action(s)? is it possible to charge all the expenses to him? sobrang abala and problema binigay niya. ako masisira sa ibang suppliers ko.

Thanks in advance.

2What to do? re: Bouncing Check Empty Re: What to do? re: Bouncing Check Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:11 pm

attybutterbean

You can start by sending him a demand letter. If you reside in the same barangay, you can also refer the matter to the barangay.

If he fails to settle, you can file a criminal case for violation of B.P. 22. All you have to do is to file an Affidavit-Complaint with the Prosecutor's Office of the place where the crime was committed. Your Affidavit-Complaint will reflect your story. Attached all your evidence in the Affidavit-Complaint, i.e., checks, demand letter, etc.

If there is deceit on the part of your debtor, the prosecutor may even charge him with estafa, aside from violation of B.P. 22.

No matter how small the debt is, I believe that it is worth filing a legal case against your debtor. This could be your only resort for him to pay the debt. If you want to charge him for every expenses you incur in filing the case, such as attorneys fee, it is your prerogative to do so. If he does not want to pay for such expense, then all you have to do is to refuse to enter into a settlement with him and pursue the case until you secure his conviction.

3What to do? re: Bouncing Check Empty Bouncing Check Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:41 pm

Bernard

Arresto Menor

TY for the reply.

how do i make a demand letter? kailangan ba from a lawyer? yes, we live in the same barangay. where can i find our nearest prosecutor's office?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum