Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Integrity Issue - NEED RESPONSE ASAP

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Integrity Issue - NEED RESPONSE ASAP Empty Integrity Issue - NEED RESPONSE ASAP Mon May 28, 2012 5:00 am

angelsoul

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty. I need immediate response and help regarding my issue at work.
My Boss gave 5 Days to provide a written explanation for the case that i am going thru at work.

Issue: Misrepresantion of information to avail of leave benefits and/or availing such benefit other than the approved purpose.

Situation:
May 4 - i was not able to come to work because i wasn't feeling well. i informed thru text that my tummy was aching. And he said that i should take meds and come to work. since,the pain was really intolerable i told him that the night before may 4th i went to ER (after working shift). and have already taken meds that the ER has provided.I have to tell him that even if it's not true so that he would stop from insisting me to come to work.
i went to the hospital on may 4th morning to get myself checked and to request for a medical certificate. Unfortunately, i wasn't able to wait for the gastro doctor to arrive so instead went to my dermatologist to get my allergies checked.(World City Medical Center)

May 5-7 : Rest day.

May 8 - back to work. My boss asked me for my medical certificate.Me not thinking at all said that yes i have my medcert even if i don't. i told him that i will be providing him the medcert during my break.Since i was able to asked a medical certificate from my derma that was what i surrendered to our company clinic.
After our company had already verified the medical certificate my boss approached me and ask why was the med cert related to skin problem. since i recently told him that i have medcert from my gastro, i again told him that i might have handed the wrong medcert.and made up excuses again.
May 9-10
My boss was doing already an investigation about the incident. He called ER to verify if i went there. Ofcourse, since i really didn't go there ER told him that there are no records of my name. He even verified to me if my dermatologist and gastro is working in the same hospital.
May 11
I rushed to the nearest clinci (Medical City Alimall) near our house to request for a medcert about the pain i felt last may4. The doctor gave me a medical certificate however it was dated may 11. This was what i provided to my boss. He asked me why was it dated may 11, so i told him anohter excuse that the original one was thrown away so i requested for a new one. He even asked me why was the Header of the Medical Certifacte different from the header of the Derma's medcert. So i made another excuse,and said that the doctor was scheduled to a different hospital at that time.

After couple of days of investigation, my boss sent me an email stating that they contacted the doctor from medical city alimall to verify if i consulted to him last may 4 and if he is affiliated with world citi. Unfortunately the doctor said that he is not affiliated with the world city.
After my boss was done with his investigation he handed me a notice to explain letter where in i need to defend myself as to why all the details i provided are not matching at all. i am given 5 days to submit my written explanation. Before they the provide me their verdict. In instances such as this, integrity issue is really a grave offense where in an employee can be terminated.
I would like to know my options whether i should just submit my resignation instead of them terminating me or should i defend myself. and find a way to make HR believe that i don't have any intention to such because i was already pressured of the situation?
Help Me attorney. i really don't know what to do. i also need to know what to write on my written explanation. If it would be necessary to speak or meet you personally i will. Just let me know.

BTW, my Notice to explain was handed to last May 24 and i have 5 calendar days to provide my explanation. I hope to hear from you the soonest.

2Integrity Issue - NEED RESPONSE ASAP Empty Re: Integrity Issue - NEED RESPONSE ASAP Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:18 am

attyLLL

answered your email.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Integrity Issue - NEED RESPONSE ASAP Empty Re: Integrity Issue - NEED RESPONSE ASAP Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:42 pm

angelsoul

Arresto Menor

i would like to know atty if any employee who filed an immediate resignation can retract the resignation w/n 24hrs?

4Integrity Issue - NEED RESPONSE ASAP Empty Re: Integrity Issue - NEED RESPONSE ASAP Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:24 pm

attyLLL

only if the company has not taken any action yet

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum