Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to evict pag-ibig acquired asset illegal occupant?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

nlejano

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I just acquired a foreclosed residence through pag-ibig "maagang pabahay disenteng buhay" program. I felt I would not have much problem with the property as it is being occupied by an illegal occupant (neither the previous owner nor previous person who assumed the property). However, I was wrong. The current occupant is asking for 100K for them to leave. I don't have the money and I don't think I should pay.

Brief history. The house was foreclosed 2006 and a notice to vacate was sent 2008 to the occupant who was then the "assumer". Apparently, there was a fly by night transaction wherein it was set-up for assume and now the current occupant is using it. By 2011 it was legally cleared for disposal by Pag-ibig, and that's how I got the house. I have already paid 5 monthly amortizations aside from the ad-hoc charges. I have already asked the barangay to invite the illegal occupant since they are not willing to accept my humanitarian offer of small cash(enough for rent downpayment) and 2 month notice. I'm wondering if their claim that the "as is where is" purchase condition also pertains to them. I thought there was a provision or something wherein Pag-ibig can assist with the eviction. Or was I wrong?

What should I do next if this meeting at the barangay level fails? How much should be my budget (time and money)for the legal process?

Hope you can enlighten me....

attyLLL

you knowingly bought a problematic property. read you contract to what it says about pag-ibig's obligations about third parties.

you have to file a case for ejectment

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum