Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Received payment even after resignation

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Received payment even after resignation Empty Received payment even after resignation Wed May 16, 2012 12:56 pm

boxingero

Arresto Menor

I resigned from my old company a month ago. I got my backpay and completed my clearance.
I just noticed that my old company atm have received payroll for 2 cut offs.
I withdrew the money to keep it safe in case the atm expires or got lost because I actually dont use it anymore. My old company does not or has not yet been asking for it maybe because they have a great number of employees resigning every week...
well the question is, since I am obliged to return it, what if they are not asking for it? yet... what happens if I used the money which I thought was mine?

ibonidarna

ibonidarna
Reclusion Perpetua

Inform your company of their error. Return the money to them.
You can use the money but you can be charged with theft or qualified theft as the case may be. You already know that the money is not rightfully yours.

boxingero

Arresto Menor

I've informed my previous company about it but they have not responded to my messages.
will there be a ground where they forfeit the chance because they are not responsive or not interested to get it back?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum