Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

CUSTOMS is refusing to release package from China

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ozzy1212

Arresto Menor

hi everyone!
i ordered a diamond-peel machine that my friend bought for me in China and got it on sale for 100USD. The package arrived 2nd week of April and until now Customs hasn't cleared it for release yet. They've been asking for one thing after another:
-invoice
-proof of purchase
-scanned copy of the receipt
-affidavit of ownership (notarized)
and now they're even asking for a License to Operate from BFAD!

it's been almost a month that i've been negotiating and giving them the documents they keep asking for. And my package has just been sitting there and i'm worried that i might just succumb to defeat and just let Customs own it by default na lang.
My friend also bought the same machine for the same price a few months ago but she was never harassed this way.

Pls help me on what i can do.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

ibonidarna

ibonidarna
Reclusion Perpetua

Ask them why they haven't cleared it yet.

kupengpat

Arresto Menor

Good day,

I would just like to say, we also have been harrased that way but have learned our lessons.

Well, if it is your first time to export a product from china I think that would be a big factor why they are harrasing you. Here are some things I want to recommend you to do.

1. About the papers or documents they are asking just give them all of that, if you think that you do not really have what they are asking just tell them you do not have it and your reason why.

2. Ask assistance to the courier from china, because they can also provide documents that I think would be a help, like the original receipt from them.

3. If you have a relative, friends, peers that work from customs ask assistance, I tell you it would be a big help, the know it.

4. Make it fast on resolving it, why? Well sad for you to say but customs would likely inlcude a warehouse fee, its for the time your item was in their warehouse, pretty clever huh?

Good luck and hope you can resolve it fast.

ozzy1212

Arresto Menor

well they finally released it!
just got the package from dhl yesterday.
no damage and in good condition.
i just gave them all the affidavits and what not they were asking, notarized and all.
good thing thru email lang lahat.
guess they were just looking for a way to increase the levee or tax or whatever on my item.
just sad to think that this is our government's plight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum