Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Floating Employment Status VS Temporary Lay off

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boykoreano

Arresto Menor

Sir,

Is there such a thing called temporary lay off? how is it different from floating status? Do the rules which governs floating status (employment)are also applicable to temporary lay off if indeed this exist under labor code of the phil.?

Last edited by boykoreano on Wed May 02, 2012 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : rewording)

attyLLL

i would say they should be treated the same.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

boykoreano

Arresto Menor

sir, thanks for the quick response. another thing if you don't mind. for example an employee was given 30 days (paid) before the floating status starts, and the employee still has leave credits unused both SLs and VLs, should this employee decides to resign during his floating status, will his unused leaves be converted to cash or does this conversion depends on the company's discretion?

attyLLL

company's policy

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5Floating Employment Status VS Temporary Lay off Empty floating status, bpo industry Tue May 15, 2012 1:56 am

Martha_19

Arresto Menor

hi atty,

in th e event an employee will be placed into a so called "floating status" while the company is profiling us for another post, are we still gonna get paid? are we required to get are pay if we are on a floating status since we are regular employees? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Martha_19 on Tue May 15, 2012 1:59 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum