Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Support of management

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Support of management Empty Support of management Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:25 am

ekim13ph

Arresto Menor

Happy New Year to all! Here's my scenario, I am employed at a private instution and I was accused of Falsification through reckless imprudence. Our company management supported us because it is related through our nature of work. My company pays the bond and hiring services of lawyer. Its been a year na ang case, My question is If ever Im going to resign, pwede ba nilang tangalin ang support nila sa akin? I mean for hiring a lawyer or any expenses that may kinalaman sa kaso ko? On my status naman in case na mag resign ako sa company, Im willing pa rin naman to attend the hearing because pangalan ko ang nkasalang sa kaso at hindi ang company name..

2Support of management Empty Re: Support of management Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:50 pm

attybutterbean

It is my opinion that the management can withdraw the privilege once you resign.

You are enjoying the privilege of free legal services in view of your employment with the company. If you cease to become an employee of the company, you can no longer demand the privilege being enjoyed by an employee of the company. By then, the obligation of the company becomes a "natural obligation", one merely based on equity (considering that you were charged with an offense while performing your official function). Under our jurisdiction, there is no right of action to enforce the performance of a natural obligation. In other words, while fairness dictates the management to shoulder your legal expenses despite your separation from the company, nevertheless, the management is not legally bound to do so as there is no law giving you the legal right to demand for it.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum