Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

leave of absence

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1leave of absence Empty leave of absence Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:57 pm

lilac

Arresto Menor

I would like to consult about my concern.
My mother died last March 16, 2012. On March 23, I filed for a 3 days leave (March 26-28) to my company for my mother's funeral in Bicol because my mother's wake was transferred there but the management did not approve it because according to them I had 4 absences already. Then on the 24th I went to an Obgynecologist for check up because I felt pain in my womb because that time I was 3 months pregnant. And the lab test shows that I had UTI and I also complained the pain I felt in my womb. Then he adviced me to take 1 week bedrest. I asked my husband to take the Dr. certificate to my company and my manager texted me that she doesn't understand why 1 week bedrest if the finding is only UTI and she also said tru her text that we will have a serious talk when I come back. I felt harassed when she kept on texting me and calling me.On the 28 the HR went to my house and found out that I was not there because on the 27 my family and i left for Bicol for my mom's funeral because my family moved the funeral date on the 29 so that I could have some rest as what the Dr.'s advised.

When I get back to work they made a report stating what happened and in that report says that my case is malingering. So I told the HR that I am not going to sign that report because part of it is not true. ANd i also told her that I am going to write a counter letter about it.

And now they demoted me from being supervisor to an ordinary teacher.

2leave of absence Empty Re: leave of absence Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:00 pm

attyLLL

your remedy is to file a complaint at the nlrc. it's a bit iffy because you said you were sick, but it turned out you went to the funeral.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3leave of absence Empty Re: leave of absence Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:30 pm

lilac

Arresto Menor

Yes, I went to the funeral because I had no choice. And I continued my bedrest there since I was able to take some rest at home. Though, it was difficult for me to travel. Now they made a report and asked me to sign it. I refused but the HR said I have to sign it. Is it possible if chose not to sign it?

I went to the labor office about and the woman there told There is nothing I can do about it because it is the company's policy that there are only certain days that we could be absent in a certain period.

4leave of absence Empty Re: leave of absence Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:37 pm

attyLLL

what you should wait for is for the company to issue you a notice to explain and be prepared to make your response.

funeral and pregnancy should give you an edge if it has to be brought before the nlrc.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum