Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Landowner protecting tenant

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Landowner protecting tenant Empty Landowner protecting tenant Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:04 pm

dnnschua

Arresto Menor

My aunt owns a piece of land but the dilapidated house is still owned by someone who is in the US. The owner generally doesn't care about the house anymore since its been abandoned for years.

About a month ago, a poor construction worker lived in the house and my aunt kept of giving him food and work (with salary) and let him stay in the house.

However, the neighbors are getting nosy and kept harassing the poor worker. e.g. peeing on the side of the house (we all know it will smell terrible). Today at 6am, one of the neighbors called the police to have the "tenant" evicted.

Does the land owner have a say in this? After all, she does own the land and the house is basically abandoned. Can she protect her "tenant" from the police?

The poor worker has a son who recently also lived in and is traumatized by the incident this morning. Poor kid is only 15 years old to see his dad being evicted by the cops.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum