Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Training Bond and Service Contract

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Training Bond and Service Contract Empty Training Bond and Service Contract Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:51 pm

sirdrag

Arresto Menor

Greetings! I am in a situation now with my previous company since they are deducting "costs" out of my last pay.

To start off, I was hired by the company as a Project-Hire Consultant, meaning I would renew my contract periodically:
May 24,2010-May 24, 2011
May 24, 2011-August 24, 2011
August 24, 2011-February 22, 2012

After February 22, I didn't renew my contract since I would like to leave the company since the work environment was not really good (High stress due to executive's attitudes, etc.)

I would like to ask for advise on the following:
1) In May 2011, we underwent training for a software. In June 2011, we were asked to sign a training bond (after-the-fact and we were not advised previously). My bond was dated to expire on July 4, 2012. two other people who took part in the training did not sign since they were regular employees. two others signed since they had short term contracts (9- and 6-months, mine was 1 year) My concerns here are:
a) the training bond goes beyond my service contracts hence is the training bond legal? since when my service contract expires, shouldn't this negate my training bond?
b) Am I entitled to a pro-rated 13th month pay since the new labor law entitles even contractual employees to 13th month pay.

This is a holdings company of a well-known name in the country.

Am looking forward to your advice.

Thanks,

Sincerely,

2Training Bond and Service Contract Empty Re: Training Bond and Service Contract Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:52 pm

sirdrag

Arresto Menor

Forgot to mention,

They also didn't issue us a copy of the training bond contract

3Training Bond and Service Contract Empty Re: Training Bond and Service Contract Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:44 pm

attyLLL

the 13th month pay law has always mandated 13th month pay for employees including those on project based contracts.

as for the issue of the bond, just search for "employment bond" to read the other discussions. my position is that it should not be enforceable.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4Training Bond and Service Contract Empty Re: Training Bond and Service Contract Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:38 am

sirdrag

Arresto Menor

attyLLL, thanks for the advise. so technically, I can demand it. but what forum should I go to for this.

Note: If there were to be hearings on this during weekdays, I would lose more from being absent in my new job than what I would be getting from the training bond.

5Training Bond and Service Contract Empty Re: Training Bond and Service Contract Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:40 pm

attyLLL

your remedy is a complaint at the nlrc.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum