Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unemployment problem in texas

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unemployment problem in texas Empty Unemployment problem in texas Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:05 pm

NATLSECURITY

Arresto Menor

Texas
I went on unemployment at the beginning of this year, basically, i was let go to save face for the company-long story, but i was not at fault. Of course they appealed the decision, which was to pay me benefits. 4 months later an appeals tribunal was scheduled, and after everyone told their story, the decision was again, in my favor. Just after, i received notification that they had appealed again. 3 months go by and i get a letter saying they decided against me and that i basically have no recourse since i have no "new" evidence to appeal that decision on, and that i owe them 10k! I didn't commit fraud, i told it like it happened. my former employer had no evidence either. my story against theirs and the little guy lost. I still do not have a job, what can I do? When I do start work , can texas garnish my wages? Can they access my bank account? Put a lien on me? Legally what can they do to collect? Why do i even have to pay? I did nothing wrong, are we to assume that if an employer has muscle to flex that we shouldn't even file? TWC told me i was not at fault 2 separate times. So, because someone at TWC granted me benefits, and someone else in the same house says no, I am required to pay it back? i don't have it! it served its purpose and payed my bills! HELP!! TEXAS IS CROOKED!!!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum