Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rule in case of successive holidays

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rule in case of successive holidays Empty Rule in case of successive holidays Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:09 pm

jhade82

jhade82
Arresto Menor

Hi Atty! I'd like to ask some clarifications regarding the rule in case of successive holidays. As per Labor Code:

SECTION 10. Successive regular holidays. — Where there are two (2) successive regular holidays, like Holy Thursday and Good Friday, an employee may not be paid for both holidays if he absents himself from work on the day immediately preceding the first holiday, unless he works on the first holiday, in which case he is entitled to his holiday pay on the second holiday.

Scenario is this: I have a scheduled shift this coming Holy Week (April 2-6, 2012). I filed leave without pay on April 4 but will be reporting back to work on April 5-6 respectively. Will I still be eligible for both holiday pay Neutral (Holy Thursday & Good Friday)?

Thanks in advance.

2Rule in case of successive holidays Empty Re: Rule in case of successive holidays Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:51 pm

attyLLL

yes because, your leave on 04 april is with consent (i'm assuming it is approved) and you are actually working on 5 and 6 april.

the provision contemplates an employee going awol and not working the holiday

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Rule in case of successive holidays Empty Re: Rule in case of successive holidays Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:35 pm

jhade82

jhade82
Arresto Menor

Thank you so much Atty.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum