Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rights of an adopted child

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rights of an adopted child Empty Rights of an adopted child Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:41 pm

clrc78

Arresto Menor

Hi atty. I have a 50 year old cousin who is a legally adopted child by my aunt, my father's sister who unfortunately died a few years ago. My father has a brother who claims that my cousin does not have the right to get rentals for us from our family's properties, only blood relatives have the right. According to my uncle, my cousin if ever he dies,cannot inherit anything from our family's properties.Is this right atty? My cousin has been good to all of us, we grew up together and its a pity if he doesnt get anything.Please help.Thanks

2Rights of an adopted child Empty Re: Rights of an adopted child Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:25 pm

attyLLL

he has a right to your aunt's share, because he can inherit from her

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Rights of an adopted child Empty Re: Rights of an adopted child Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:31 pm

clrc78

Arresto Menor

thank u atty for ur significant information

4Rights of an adopted child Empty Rights of adopted children Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:08 am

clrc78

Arresto Menor

good am atty.May I know what the following means,"When only collateral blood relatives of the adopted survive, then the ordinary rules of legal or intestate succession shall apply..." 39(4)a,PD 603

5Rights of an adopted child Empty Re: Rights of an adopted child Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:00 pm

attyLLL

first, the adopted person has to die for that to apply. does he have any properties? if yes and he has no kids and adopted parents are dead also, then his properties go to his blood relatives from biological not adopted family

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum