Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Name consolidation

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Name consolidation Empty Name consolidation Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:19 am

johnbusy

Arresto Menor

Dear Sirs,
I have a problem consolidating my name, I was wondering if you can give me some help on which direction I should take. First let me introduce myself I am a foreigner born and raised here in the Philippines, I have been living and working here for more than 30 years already, and have been granted permanent status under EO324.
Let’s say for example my name is Santos Jose Jr Ocampo, where in Santos is my surname and Ocampo is my middle name. The problem all started when my mother’s surname was Cruz was changed into Ocampo under EO324, this happen after I was born and in my teens. My parents elected to me and my siblings to be part under EO324, resulting in my current name Santos Jose Jr Ocampo, the name in my passport. But this also resulted in a discrepancy with my birth certificate where in my name is Santos Jose Jr Cruz, the problem keeps on adding up with my driver’s, TIN and SSS no. which also uses my birth certificate.
I really want to do the right thing, I don’t want the government to think I’m trying to commit a crime, Is there anyway to consolidate this into one name? Can you give me some referrals where I can go seek help? Your help is very much appreciated

2Name consolidation Empty Re: Name consolidation Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:12 am

attyLLL

but eo 324 says nothing about changing names?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Name consolidation Empty Re: Name consolidation Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:07 pm

johnbusy

Arresto Menor

It got complicated when my mother who was a foreigner was given a filipino birth certificate by her parents here, but after she was married and have us already she found out she didn't have a record at NSO,
a friend of her suggested to get a passport and change her name into a foreign sounding one, this was in the 80's...then after having her fourth child, she registered her name under the foreign surname.
Hence, when the time came to file for eo324, she gave the immigration department our birth certificate which carry her old surname and it was change to carry the new surname...

Which resulted in me having the new middle name on my passport, and the old middle name in all of my other id's

4Name consolidation Empty Re: Name consolidation Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:18 pm

attyLLL

you're not allowed to use another name different from your birth certificate. it may be better to ask these government agencies to correct their records and your iDs

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum