Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unregistered marriage

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unregistered marriage Empty Unregistered marriage Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:01 pm

tetchie_mae

Arresto Menor

My ex-husband and I were married last 2007 through "kasalang bayan" which is a civil wedding. After our wedding, I started using his last name and I updated all my benefits like pag-ibig,sss,philhealth and bir. I had an idea that our marriage was not valid (I think) because I tried to go to sss and change my civil status but then a representative of sss told me to return our marriage certificate to where we were married and have it registered because there was no registry number on our certificate. And now, we already separated and I requested a CENOMAR from NSO and they really do not have a record of our said marriage. I am starting to use now my maiden name since I was not supposed to use HIS last name since our marriage was not registered in Local Civil Registry. I want to update as well my benefits like change it back to my maiden name and my civil status as "single". Please help. Thank you.

2Unregistered marriage Empty Re: Unregistered marriage Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:54 am

attyLLL

registration is not an element of validity of a marriage. the remedy is to make a late registration

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Unregistered marriage Empty marriage Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:15 pm

thammy

Arresto Menor

Hi,
ask lang po sana ako ng advise. im married for 2years na.
concern ko po is, nagkaroon ng asawa before yung partner ko. civil wedding sila but the papers are not registered.
yung kasal namin, church wedding, pinaregister naman niya. ask ko lang sana if valid ba yung kasal namin o yung kasal niya sa una.
thank you

4Unregistered marriage Empty Re: Unregistered marriage Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:48 am

torah

Arresto Menor

yung marriage nya sa una is techinically valid in law even if hindi na register. However since hindi ito na register and if walang interested party na maghabol like the first wife or children of the first marriage, then siguro you can go on with your life. At least alam mo eto.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum