Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

effect of unregistered marriage to 2nd marriage

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

akopo

Arresto Menor

Good day Atty.
Gusto ko po malaman ano ang dapat gawin.
1. Me and my bf for 4 years got married in 2001 secretly to our parents, I was only 20 at that time.
2. My bf got his ex-gf preggy and demanded him to marry her or she and her family will let me and my family know what happened. So, he was forced to sign the marriage contract.
3. In 2006, I got pregnant and discovered that my marriage was not registered. Ang sabi nila sa amin, kailangan daw naming magpakasal ulit since below 21 ako at that time. Dahil sa mas kailangan namin ang panggastos sa bata, we decided to delay the marriage when we have enough savings.
4. Just this year, the ex-gf tried to add me on my facebook. Nagulat ako kasi gamit nya ang apelyido ng asawa ko. Tinawag din nya akong kabit.
5. Nalaman namin na nakarehistro sa NSO yung Marriage Contract nila with a license number pero wala naman in-aplayan na marriage license ang asawa ko.
6. Ano po ang pinakamaganda naming gawing legal na hakbang para maiayos lahat ito?
7. Can the ex-gf sue me for concubinage?

attyLLL

do you have original copies left of your marriage contract? you can have it late registered with the help of the solemnizing officer. unfortunately, this will make your husband liable for bigamy.

the first marriage is your defense against any charge of concubinage.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

akopo

Arresto Menor

Hello Atty,

Yun po yung fear namin ng husband ko kasi baka kasuhan sya ng bigamy nung babae... although, hindi naman sila nagsama kahit kailan.

If ever po ba nama-rehistro yung sa kasal namin, at mag file agad ng annullment ang husband ko against dun sa ex nya for bigamous marriage, makakasuhan pa rin ba sya nung kabila?

attyLLL

he has to allege another ground to annul the second marriage and use as a defense against a charge of bigamy, something like he was fearing for his life or there was no marriage license.

as of now, based on nso records, she is the wife.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum