Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

petition for recognition of foreign judgement

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

leigha garcia

Arresto Menor

good day!!

just wanna ask po if a natural born Filipino who later on became a US citizen tapos kinasal po dito sa Pilipinas last 2003, and was granted divorce sa US, can file for a petition for foreign judgement dito?

His ex-wife po kasi niya ay working sa dubai and she was asking him to be the one to file for a petition for foreign judgement dito sa Pilipinas paguwe niya( he oftentimes have his vacation here) para pwede na rin daw po siyang maikasal dito sa Pilipinas after her contract sa dubai..

Tama po ba ako na ung Guy na US citizen ay pwede na magpakasal dito sa Pilipinas? and ask ko lang po paano ang procedure considering na dipa siya annulled dito pero divorced na po siya..planning na po kasi siya to get married here..In addition po ask ko lang if ung guy po ba talaga ang dapat magfile for petition for recognition of foreign judgement or it is a must na ung Filipino citizen na girl, seeking to remarry also ang dapat?

maraming salamat po at naway matugunan ang aking mga katanungan..God Bless! Smile

attyLLL

this is not a settled matter. it is correct that his wife requires a petition for recognition of foreign judgment.

as to to foreigner, my opinion is that if his embassy issues a statement that he is capacitated to marry then he can proceed, but there is a contrary opinion that he should also wait for the recognition of foreign judgment.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

leigha garcia

Arresto Menor

good day po! so it means po since US citizen naman na siya and if the US embassy will grant him the capacity to remarry here, pwede na po siya magpakasal ulit dito? then later on na lang po siya magfile ng petition for foreign judgement sa RTC or kahit ung wife na po niya pagdating from dubai..

thank you!

attyLLL

leigha, note that this is my opinion, and this has not been fully settled by the supreme court. note also, i hear that the US embassy here does not issue such a certification, so it may be better if he gets it at his local state in the US

janskie18

Arresto Menor

Good day po! married po ako sa foreigner, dito po kami ikinasal sa pinas, and we divided na maghiwalay na,, ang tanung ko po,, kung nag file na sya ng devorce sa korea,, pwed na po ba ako magpakasal in other country? o kelangan pa magintay ng petition for recognition of foreign judgement.
any insight will be a great help.
thank you so much!

attyLLL

to be safe, i recommend that you file a proper recognition of foreign judgment

janskie18

Arresto Menor

thank you,, any way do you have any idea how much would it cost for filling the petition for recognition of foreign judgment? and how many months to take to grant that? may iba pa ako concern,, diba pwde mag file ng divorce and foreigner sa lugar nila ng dipa nakasal don?

janskie18

Arresto Menor

saan ba ako pwde maka kuha ng lawyer for that matter,, wala kac akong idea, any way i am from cebu.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum